Friday, March 18, 2011

Recipe RAVE! You GOTTA Try This Soup!

I really enjoy trying new recipes. I do cook and enjoy it when I do, but I'll have to give my wife some big brownie points for making some of these recipes I find. (Thanks babe, you ROCK!) OK, here it is! It's one of my favorites and VERY EASY! Let me know what you think.

Tortilla Soup
by: Kelly Siwek

1/2 lb Chicken Tenderloins - bonelesss
1 - 8oz can Tomato Sauce
1 3/4c Water
2tbsp Taco Seasoning Mix
1/4c Onion - chopped
1 - 16oz can Tomatoes - stewed (cut them up more)
1 - 16oz can Pinto Beans - drained

MUST HAVE Garnishes: Sour Cream / Frito Chips / Shredded Cheddar Cheesse

Directions:
1. In a large sauce pan, cook chicken & onion until chicken is done.
2. Remove chicken and shred with a fork.
3. Drain/Strain excess water from pan.
4. Add water, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, beans, shredded chicken, cooked onion, and seasoning mix to sauce pan.
5. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 20-30 minutes.

Serves 4 adults. It's a good leftover so I usually double it.

No comments:

Post a Comment